Seiten

Tuesday, 10 March 2015

A glance at my neighbourhood

Yes. I finally got off my lazy bottom again and took a look at some religious houses of Kreuzberg, Neukölln and Tempelhof in Berlin, so basically in my neighbourhood. Also today's post has the "new" category called trips, in which I want to share practically all my little (or sometimes even big) voyages with you guys. 
For these photos I used the GIMP program again; still to get more familiar with features I haven't used often. Well, without any further ado: Here are the religious houses from my surround:

Sehitlik mosque in Tempelhof
 Protestant church "am Südstern" in Kreuzberg
 St.-Johannes-Basilika in Neukölln

I like that there are lots of different types of architecture here in Berlin. It feels like all buildings and houses are a huge patchwork family, with different shapes, styles, materials and background stories. There seem to be no neighbourhoods exclusively for one kind, for what I experienced until now. There can be one square having totally different buildings facing each other: some can look kind of whacky, others quite kaput, again some chic and fancy or even simply neutral. Wow, and you can find all that in just one little square, if you're lucky! Bellissimo!

See you soon, Hibi

2 comments:

  1. oh wie schön! ich liebe solche bauten und dementsprechend gut gefällt mir dein post. tolle eindrücke! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darüber habe ich auch schon nachgedacht aber ich glaube nicht dass ich das kann :D also... habe ja nicht wirklich viel Selbstbewusstsein und traue mich ja jetzt nicht mal andere Leute zu fotografieren. Also jetzt im Moment bin ich ganz ehrlich und muss sagen dass ich mir das nicht zutrauen würde aber vielleicht in 2-3 Jahren oder so.

    Ich mag die Bilder sehr gerne und finde es toll mal etwas von Berlin zu sehen :D Also auf einem Blog :) Wie sieht es denn bei dir aus? Hast du schon einen Job gefunden?

    ReplyDelete